Miss Moupiya Dutta is a trained Bharatanatyam and Odissi dancer who wants to excel in the field of Indian Classical dance. She is a very graceful dancer who possesses a sense of rhythm, a feeling for music, and a creative ability to express herself through dance.
She is a computer science graduate from Netaji Subhash Engineering College and currently pursuing Masters in Bharatanatyam from Jain University – Bangalore.
She has been extensively trained in Bharatanatyam under the expert guidance of Guru Smt. B. Bhanumathi. in Bangalore.
Apart from Bharatanatyam she is also undergoing training in Odissi from Guru Smt. Madhulita Mohapatra
Prior to coming to Bangalore she was trained in Bharatanatyam under Guru Dr. Smt. Thankamani Kutty (Kalamandalam Kerala).
Prior to Bharatanatyam she had also been trained in Kathak under Smt. Mira Mukherjee.
She has performed in various parts of India. Some of her notable performances are:
1. Performed Bharatanatyam in IIDF – Future Faces 2017 , Hyderabad.
2. Performed in "KATHAASTRA , The dawn of the epic" by Prabhat : the temple of art” at Jayanagara Mahashivaraathri Utsava – 2017, Bangalore
3. Sai Nrityotsav – 2016, at Indian Institute of World Culture in Bangalore.
4. Krishna Leelaarnava, Kalaarnava 2016; which is an annual Music, Dance and Art festival organized by Gokulam school of music, in Bangalore.
5. She also performed in Ramanotsavam 2016; Bangalore
6. She had performed at Delhi Doordarshan (CPC) for the production “Viveker Pathe” on behalf of Kalamandalam Calcutta on November.
She has undergone workshops trainings from Smt. Rama Vaidyanathan ji, Smt. Kanaka Srinivasan ji and Padma Shri Leela Samson ji.